- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins track the price of gold. The value of these coins is primarily determined by their fine gold content which is linked to the prevailing price of gold.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are money. They are legal tender in Australia and are accepted and exchanged as such throughout the world.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are 24 karats of pure artwork. What sets this coin apart from the rest are its fine artistic details in combination with mat and shiny surfaces with highly-polished motifs, making the coin diffract remarkable gold brilliance. This is truly eye-catching for anyone who admires precious artwork.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are popular among collectors. The Australian Gold Kangaroo coin is one of only two legal tender gold coins in the world to change its design of the main motif each year. The other example is the Chinese Panda gold coin.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are sold with a low premium. As a partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer Australian Gold Kangaroo coins with a low mark-up premium.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are internationally recognized. In continuous production for 28 years and by portraying the effigy ofthe most powerful and longest serving queen in the 20th century, Queen Elizabeth II, the Australian Gold Kangaroo coin is a household name in the global gold market.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are the equivalent of savings. Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are an ideal choice for any long-term saver who appreciates the security and stability of owning physical legal tender gold coins.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are an excellent way to diversify your portfolio. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes Australian Gold Kangaroos serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Australia’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Australia has Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is the text“ELIZABETH II” and “AUSTRALIA”. Inscribed below the effigy is the nominal face value of 100 dollars and the designer’s initials “IRB” – Ian Rank-Broadley.
The reverse displays Australia’s most famous animal, the kangaroo, and above it is inscribed “AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO”. Below the kangaroo is the year of mintage, weight and purity. To the right of the kangaroo is the letter “P” which stands for Perth Mint. The design of the Kangaroo gold coin's reverse changes every year.