- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are distinguished French coins. The 20 franc gold piece is France’s most famous coin and likewise one of the most best -known gold coins in Europe.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are money. French 20 franc gold coins are exempt from Value Added Tax, and as such are exchangeable throughout Europe by bullion dealers and investors alike.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are liquid. With more than 500 million pieces minted since the 1800s, French 20 franc gold coins have strong liquidity and a guaranteed market.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins were the foundation of Europe’s first monetary union. The French 20 gold franc was the basis for the Latin Monetary Union, Europe’s first major currency union.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are an excellent way to diversify your portfolio. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes French 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are the equivalent of savings. French 20 franc gold coins are an ideal choice for any long-term saver who appreciates the security and stability of owning physical gold coins.
The obverse of this coin portrays the effigy of Charles Louis Napoleon Bonaparte, nephew of Napoleon I, with a laurel. Surrounding his effigy is the text “NAPOLEON III EMPEREUR”. Under the effigy is the signature of the master engraver “BARRE”.
The reverse contains an ornate shield which in the centre portrays the motif of an eagle. Surrounding the shield is the text “EMPIRE FRAN ÇAIS”, which translates as “French empire” and the denomination 20 FR. Under the shield is the year of mintage and the mint mark.
The edge contains the text “DIEU PROTÉGE LA FRANCE”, which translates as “God protect France”.